Baked Cherry Tomato, Bacon & Pesto Risotto
with Baby Broccoli, Parmesan & Toasted Walnuts
When our recipe developers first whipped this one up, we all gathered close. “It's...it's beautiful!“ someone exclaimed. And it was. Let's just say when we tasted it, we weren't disappointed. Enjoy!
Unfortunately, this week's tinned cherry tomatoes were in short supply, so we've replaced them with tomato. Don't worry, the recipe will be just as delicious, just be sure to follow your recipe card!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Garlic & Herb Seasoning
(Contains Tree Nuts; May be present Gluten, Peanuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
baby spinach leaves
(Contains Milk, Tree Nuts; )
vegetable stock powder
Grated Parmesan Cheese
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Finely chop onion and garlic. Cut baby broccoli into thirds. • In a large frying pan, heat the butter and a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook diced bacon and onion, breaking up with a spoon, until tender and browned, 4-5 minutes. • Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Add arborio rice and garlic & herb seasoning, stir to combine, then cook until rice is coated and slightly translucent, 1-2 minutes.
• Add the water and vegetable stock powder to the pan. Bring to the boil, then remove from heat. Carefully transfer the risotto to a baking dish. • Cover tightly with foil and bake until liquid is absorbed and rice is 'al dente', 24-28 minutes.
TIP: 'Al dente' rice is cooked through but still slightly firm in the centre.
• While the risotto is baking, drain tinned cherry tomatoes. • Place cherry tomatoes and baby broccoli on a lined oven tray. Add the brown sugar, then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and roast until veggies are caramelised and tender, 15-20 minutes.
TIP: Reserve and refrigerate the passata from the cherry tomatoes to use in another meal!
• Roughly chop walnuts. • Wipe out the frying pan, then return to medium-high heat. Toast walnuts, tossing, until fragrant, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside. • Meanwhile, cut lemon into wedges.
• When the risotto is done, stir through the roasted veggies, baby spinach leaves, grated Parmesan cheese, basil pesto and a generous squeeze of lemon juice. Season to taste.
TIP: Add a splash of water if the risotto looks dry.
• Divide cherry tomato, bacon and basil pesto risotto between bowls. • Top with toasted walnuts. Tear over parsley leaves. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges. Enjoy!