We’re putting on a spread tonight and there’s a little something for everyone. From the glowing golden chicken roasted in a herb and garlic butter to the veggies with hidden bits of bacon and Brussel sprouts for the touch of green we love. If anyone at the table has a sweet tooth then the pecans dotted through the baby broccoli salad with creamy feta with surely satisfy.
The recent wet and cold weather across New Zealand has impacted our regular supply of fresh ingredients and as such, what you receive may be slightly different to what’s pictured. Don’t worry, your recipe will be just as delicious!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
garlic & herb seasoning
peeled pumpkin pieces
pecans(ContainsTree NutsMay be presentGluten, Sesame, Milk, Soy, Peanuts)
cow's milk feta(ContainsMilkMay be presentTree Nuts)
Nan's special seasoning
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C. Finely chop garlic. • In a small heatproof bowl, microwave garlic, the butter and garlic & herb seasoning in 10 seconds bursts, until melted. • Season half chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until browned, 4-5 minutes each side. • Transfer chicken to one side of a lined oven tray and top with 1/2 the garlic butter. • Add Brussels sprouts to the other side of the tray. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to combine. Roast until cooked through, 25-30 minutes. Set aside to rest for 5-10 minutes.
TIP: Chicken is cooked through when it's no longer pink inside.
• Meanwhile, place peeled pumpkin pieces on a second lined oven tray. Sprinkle over Nan's special seasoning, season with salt and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat. Spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• When the chicken has 10 minutes cook time remaining, trim baby broccoli. Thinly slice leek. • Wipe out the frying pan, then return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook baby broccoli until tender, 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
• Return the frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook diced bacon and leek, breaking up with a spoon, until golden, 6-7 minutes. • Add roasted Brussels sprouts and toss to combine. Season to taste.
• Roughly chop pecans. • Add pecans to the bowl of baby broccoli. Crumble in feta (see ingredients). • Tear over mint leaves. Toss to combine and season to taste.
• Finely chop chives. Cut garlic butter roasted chicken in half. • Bring everything to the table to serve. Help yourself to some chicken, roasted pumpkin, bacon and Brussels sprouts and baby broccoli salad. • Spoon over any remaining butter and sprinkle over chives. Enjoy!