Explore a fusion like no other – beef meatballs cooked in an aromatic harissa paste. When they come together with a fluffy couscous, tossed through with roasted veggies like carrot and cauliflower and cooled off with a hit of garlic yoghurt you’ll be pleasantly surprised how the flavours meld together in the most exquisite way.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
flaked almonds(ContainsTree NutsMay be presentGluten, Peanuts, Sesame, Milk, Soy)
couscous(ContainsGlutenMay be presentPeanuts, Sesame, Milk, Soy, Tree Nuts)
vegetable stock powder
fine breadcrumbs(ContainsGlutenMay be presentPeanuts, Sesame, Milk, Soy, Tree Nuts)
baby spinach leaves
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan-forced. • Thinly slice carrot into half-moons. Cut cauliflower (including the stalk) into small florets. Slice onion into wedges. • Place cauliflower, carrot and onion on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. Roast until tender and brown around the edges, 20-25 minutes. • When veggies have 3 minutes remaining, add flaked almonds to one side of the tray and bake until golden.
• While the veggies are roasting, boil the kettle. • Place couscous and vegetable stock powder in a medium heatproof bowl. Add the boiling water and stir to combine. • Immediately cover with a plate and leave for 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork and set aside.
• Finely chop garlic. • In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook 1/2 the garlic until fragrant, 1 minute. Transfer garlic oil to a small bowl, then add Greek-style yoghurt and combine. Season to taste and set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine beef mince, harissa paste, fine breadcrumbs, remaining garlic and a pinch of salt. • Using damp hands, roll heaped spoonfuls of mixture into small meatballs (4-5 per person). Transfer to a plate. • Return frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook meatballs, turning, until browned and cooked through, 8-10 minutes (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded). • Remove pan from heat, add the honey and a splash of water, tossing to coat.
TIP: Harissa paste helps to bind the meatballs!
TIP: The meatballs will char slightly in the pan, this adds to the flavour!
• To the bowl with the couscous, add roasted veggies, baby spinach leaves and a drizzle of white wine vinegar and olive oil. Toss to combine and season to taste.
• Divide roast veggie couscous between bowls. Top with harissa beef meatballs and garlic yoghurt. • Garnish with flaked almonds and tear over herbs to serve. Enjoy!