Roast veggies and pork is a taste sensation for hungry mouths. Spiced pork cooks to tender perfection when cut up into strips and the charred smokey corn is simply irresistible when partnered with a variety of roast veggies. Make sure to soak up all those flavours with a serving of brown rice with bursts of fragrant garlic.
The recent wet and cold weather across New Zealand has impacted our regular supply of fresh ingredients and as such, what you receive may be slightly different to what’s pictured. Don’t worry, your recipe will be just as delicious!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
pork loin steaks
All-American spice blend
shredded Cheddar cheese(ContainsMilk)
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Finely chop garlic. • In a medium saucepan, add brown rice and the water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until rice is soft, 25-30 minutes. Drain. • Return pan to medium heat with add a dash of olive oil. Cook garlic until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Return rice to the pan, then add the salt and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
• Meanwhile, slice onion into thick wedges. Slice carrot into thick sticks. Peel and cut kumara into thick sticks.
• Place onion, carrot and kumara on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast until softened, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, drain sweetcorn (see ingredients). • Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Cook sweetcorn until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
TIP: Cover the pan with a lid if the corn kernels are "popping" out!
• Slice pork loin steaks into 1cm strips. • In a medium bowl, combine pork strips and All-American spice blend. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. • When the rice has 5 minutes cook time remaining, return the frying pan to high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook pork strips in batches, tossing, until golden, 2-3 minutes.
• Divide garlic brown rice between bowls. Top with pork strips and roasted veggies. • Sprinkle over shredded Cheddar cheese and charred corn to serve. Enjoy!