with Coconut White Chocolate Ganache & Toasted Almonds | Serves 6+
These macadamia cookies combine decadent white chocolate drizzle and macadamia nuts for the ultimate treat. Sprinkle with some toasted almonds and you'll be fighting over the last one.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
basic sponge mix
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
white chocolate chips
(Contains Milk, Soy; May be present Gluten, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame. )
light coconut milk
(May be present Gluten, milk, Tree Nuts, Sesame, Soy, traces of egg, Fish. )
(Contains peanuts; May be present Gluten, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
(Contains Tree Nuts; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
(Contains Egg; )
• Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. • Weigh 200g butter and set aside at room temperature to soften. • Weigh 310g basic sponge mix.
TIP: Weigh out your ingredients before you start as we've sent extra basic sponge mix!
• In a medium heatproof bowl, place white chocolate chips. • In a small saucepan, heat light coconut milk (see ingredients) over medium heat until just steaming, 1-2 minutes. • Pour coconut milk over white chocolate, then stir until melted and combined. Place in fridge to cool, 20-30 minutes.
TIP: You want the coconut milk steaming but not boiling!
• Meanwhile, place softened butter, brown sugarand vanilla-flavoured essence in a large bowl. • Beat with electric beaters until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. • Add the egg and beat until well combined, 1 minute.
• Add measured sponge mix to the bowl with the creamed butter mixture. • On low speed, beat until dough just comes together, 1-2 minutes. • Using a wooden spoon, stir in granulated peanuts, until just combined.
TIP: Beat until the dough just comes together, overbeating can cause the cookies to become tough.
• Roll heaped tablespoons of cookie dough into balls. You should get 15-20 cookies. • Divide dough balls between two lined oven trays, allowing room for spreading. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until just firm to touch. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. • Meanwhile, roughly chop slivered almonds. • Heat a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Toast almonds, stirring occasionally, until golden, 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
• Transfer peanut cookies to a plate or board. Drizzle with white chocolate ganache. • Sprinkle over toasted almonds to serve. Enjoy!