The classics have withstood the test of time for a reason and the pork schnitzel with wedges is one of them because what can beat a crunchy and seasoned crumb? When served with potato wedges and a peppery aioli sauce for dipping this dish is unstoppable and we know that it will be returning to your table many more times.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
panko breadcrumbs(ContainsGlutenMay be presentPeanuts, Tree Nuts, Milk, Soy, Sesame)
flaked almonds(ContainsTree NutsMay be presentPeanuts, Milk, Soy, Sesame, Gluten)
Nan's special seasoning
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut potato into wedges. • Place on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. Bake until tender, 25-30 minutes.
TIP: If your oven tray is crowded, divide between two trays.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice pear and celery. Lightly crush black peppercorns (see ingredients) in a pestle and mortar or in their sachet using a rolling pin. • In a small bowl, combine crushed peppercorns and garlic aioli. Set aside.
• In a shallow bowl, combine the plain flour, Nan's special seasoning and the salt. • In a second shallow bowl, whisk the egg. • In a third shallow bowl, place panko breadcrumbs. • Separate pork schnitzels to get two per person. Coat pork in the flour mixture, followed by the egg, and finally in panko breadcrumbs. Transfer to a plate.
• Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Toast flaked almonds, tossing, until golden, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. • Return the frying pan to medium-high heat with enough olive oil to cover the base of the pan. Cook pork schnitzel in batches until golden and cooked through, 1-2 minutes each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
• Meanwhile, combine a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a large bowl. Add salad leaves, pear and celery. Season to taste and toss to coat.
• Slice pork schnitzel. • Divide pork, potato wedges and pear salad between plates. • Garnish with almonds and serve with peppercorn aioli. Enjoy!