Lamb Meatballs & Creamy Dijon-Parsley Sauce
with Veggie Mash & Garden Salad
Go all out tonight by pouring the best sauce in town over lamb meatballs. The sauce is no ordinary one though, it’s going to fill the whole house with its mouth-watering aromas from the dijon mustard and parsley cooked in a creamy sauce. Pour it all over until your stomach is content.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Mixed Salad Leaves
Herb & Mushroom Seasoning
(Contains Milk; )
vegetable stock powder
(Contains sulphites; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Gluten; )
• Boil the kettle. Peel potato and carrot, then cut into small chunks. • Half-fill a medium saucepan with boiling water. Cook potato and carrot in boiling water until easily pierced with a fork, 10-15 minutes. • Drain and return veggies to the saucepan. Add a drizzle of olive oil and season generously with salt. Mash until smooth. Cover to keep warm.
Little cooks: Get those muscles working and help mash the potatoes!
• While the veggies are cooking, finely chop garlic. Roughly chop parsley. Thinly slice radish. Thinly slice cucumber into half-moons.
• In a medium bowl, combine lamb mince, herb & mushroom seasoning and the plain flour. • Using damp hands, shape heaped spoonfuls of the lamb mixture into small meatballs (4-5 per person). Transfer to a plate.
Little cooks: Join the fun by helping combine the ingredients and shaping the mixture into meatballs!
• Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Cook meatballs, turning, until browned and cooked through, 8-10 minutes (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded). • Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
• Wipe out the frying pan, then return to medium-low heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook garlic until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add cream (see ingredients), vegetable stock powder (see ingredients), dijon mustard (see ingredients) and a splash of water. Simmer until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. • Remove pan from heat and stir through parsley. Return cooked meatballs and any resting juices to the pan, then toss to coat. Season with pepper.
In a large bowl, combine radish, cucumber, mixed salad leaves and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste. Toss to coat. • Divide veggie mash, lamb meatballs, creamy dijon-parsley sauce and radish salad between plates. • Spoon any remaining sauce from the pan over meatballs to serve. Enjoy!
Little cooks: Take charge and toss the salad.