Seared Chicken & Caramelised Onion Sauce
with Veggie Fries & Radish Salad
Seasoned, seared and sliced, this chicken is too good to pass up on a chance to show it off. Serve with veggie fries and a caramelised onion sauce over the top to get those mouths watering. Bring it home with a peppery radish salad!
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains sulphites; )
spinach & rocket mix
Aussie Spice Blend
Not included in your delivery
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut carrot, potato and beetroot into fries. • Place veggie fries on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. • Spread out evenly, then bake until tender, 20-25 minutes.
TIP: If your oven tray is crowded, divide the fries between two trays.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice onion and radish. Place your hand flat on top of chicken and slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks. • In a medium bowl, combine Aussie spice blend and a drizzle of olive oil. Add chicken and turn to coat.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, until softened, 5-6 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium, then add the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and a splash of water. Mix well. Cook until dark and sticky, 3-5 minutes. • Remove pan from heat, then add onion chutney and a splash of water and stir to combine. Transfer to a bowl.
• Wash and dry the frying pan, then return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook chicken until cooked through, 3-5 minutes each side (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded). Transfer to a plate.
TIP: Chicken is cooked through when it's no longer pink inside.
• While the chicken is cooking, combine a drizzle of white wine vinegar and olive oil in a second medium bowl. • Season, then add radish and spinach & rocket mix. Toss to combine.
• Slice seared chicken. • Divide radish salad, veggie fries and chicken between plates. • Top chicken with caramelised onion sauce to serve. Enjoy!