Double Herby Seared Beef Steak & Veggie Fries
with Onion Chutney Sauce
A delicious beef steak can win over many hearts and we believe this herby garlic steak will make yours flutter. If that’s not enough though, maybe try one of the veggie fries. To really seal the deal, top the steak with a sweet onion chutney sauce.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Garlic & Herb Seasoning
Mixed Salad Leaves
(Contains sulphites; )
Not included in your delivery
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. Cut courgette and beetroot into fries. • Place veggies and half the garlic & herb seasoning on a lined tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. • Spread out evenly, then bake until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While veggie fries are baking, thinly slice radish. • Place beef rump between two sheets of baking paper. Pound beef with a meat mallet or rolling pin until slightly flattened. • In a large bowl, combine the remaining garlic & herb seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil. Add beef rump and turn to coat. Set aside.
• Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook onion, stirring, until softened, 5-6 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium. Add the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and a splash of water and mix well. Cook until dark and sticky, 3-5 minutes. • Add onion chutney and a splash of water, stirring to combine.
• When the veggies have 10 minutes cook time remaining, return the frying pan to high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • When oil is hot, cook beef in batches, turning, for 5-6 minutes (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. • Transfer to a plate to rest
• In a second medium bowl, combine a drizzle of white wine vinegar and olive oil. • Season and add mixed salad leaves and radish. Toss to coat.
• Slice herby seared steak. • Divide steak, veggie fries and garden salad between plates. • Top steak with caramelised onion sauce to serve. Enjoy!