Double Balsamic & Parsley Beef Steak
with Sautéed Veggies & Mash
There is something so comforting about the aroma of caramelised butter, parsley and vinegar bubbling in a pan. Completely mouth-watering to say the least. Drizzled over tender steak, atop a mound of creamy potato mash – what’s not to love?
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
(Contains Milk; )
• Bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Peel potato and cut into 2cm chunks. • Cook potato in the boiling water, over high heat, until easily pierced with a fork, 10-15 minutes. Drain and return the potato to the saucepan. • Add the milk, salt and half the butter and mash until smooth. Cover to keep warm.
Little cooks: Get those muscles working and help mash the potatoes!
• While the potato is cooking, finely chop garlic. Thinly slice carrot into half-moons. Halve baby broccoli lengthways. Roughly chop parsley.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook carrot and baby broccoli until just tender, 5-6 minutes. • Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a medium bowl and cover to keep warm.
• See Top Steak Tips (below) for extra info! • Return the frying pan to high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Season both sides of beef rump with salt and pepper. • When the oil is hot, cook beef rump in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate to rest.
• While the steak is resting, return the frying pan to medium heat. Add the balsamic vinegar, warm water, parsley, the brown sugar and remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper. • Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Stir through the steak resting juices, then remove from the heat.
• Slice the steak. • Divide veggies, steak and mash between plates. Spoon balsamic sauce over the steak to serve. Enjoy!