Golden ropes of fettuccine coated in a rich, creamy sauce and sizzled pieces of bacon and mushroom. Finished with a scattering of sharp Parmesan cheese and a complementary salad, this is nothing short of a small bite of heaven.
The current labour shortages have impacted availability of ingredients across the entire food supply chain. As such, what you receive may be slightly different to what’s pictured. Don’t worry, your recipe will be just as delicious!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
fettuccine(ContainsGlutenMay be presentEgg, Soy)
garlic & herb seasoning
chicken-style stock powder
grated Parmesan cheese(ContainsMilk)
• Finely chop garlic. Thinly slice pear and button mushrooms.
• Boil the kettle. Half-fill a large saucepan with boiling water. Cook fettuccine, uncovered, over high heat until ‘al dente’, 9 minutes. • Reserve pasta water (1 cup for 2P // 2 cups for 4P), then drain and return to saucepan.
TIP: 'Al dente' pasta is cooked through but still slightly firm in the centre.
• While the pasta is cooking, heat the butter and a drizzle of olive oil, in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook diced bacon and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until browned, 6-7 minutes. • Add garlic and garlic & herb seasoning and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
• Reduce heat to low and add cream (see ingredients), reserved pasta water (1/2 cup for 2P // 1 cup for 4P) and chicken-style stock powder to the frying pan. Stir to combine and simmer until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. • Add drained fettuccine and toss to combine. Season with pepper.
• In a medium bowl, combine the honey and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Add pear and salad leaves and toss to coat. Season.
• Divide mushroom and bacon fettuccine between bowls. • Drizzle some truffle oil over pasta to taste. • Sprinkle over grated Parmesan cheese and serve with spinach and pear salad. Enjoy!
TIP: Truffle has a strong flavour, if you're not a fan, serve the pasta without it.