Pulled Pork & Capsicum Quesadillas
with Creamy Avocado Slaw
Pulled pork is on the menu! It's succulent, super-tasty and works a treat in these easy and delicious quesadillas. With the slow cooking already done, the pork just needs to be heated and it's ready to enjoy. Here, we've stirred it through a Tex-Mex style sauce to make a mouth-watering filling that's ready to be spread over tortillas and baked.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Tex-Mex spice blend
mini flour tortillas
(Contains Gluten; )
shredded Cheddar cheese
(Contains Milk; )
(Contains Egg; )
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Drain the sweetcorn. Finely chop garlic. Thinly slice capsicum. Slice avocado in half, scoop out flesh and roughly chop.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook corn and capsicum, stirring, until softened, 4-5 minutes. • SPICY! The spice blend is mild, but use less if you're sensitive to heat. Add garlic, Tex-Mex spice blend and pulled pork and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes. • Add tomato paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 2 minutes. • Add the water and stir to combine.
TIP: If the mixture looks dry, add another dash of water!
• Arrange mini flourtortillas on a lined oven tray. Divide pork mixture between tortillas, spooning it onto one half of each tortilla, then top with shredded Cheddar cheese. • Fold empty half of each tortilla over to enclose filling and press down with a spatula. Brush or spray tortillas with a drizzle of olive oil and season.
Little cooks: Take the lead and help assemble the quesadillas!
• Bake quesadillas until cheese has melted and tortillas are golden, 10-12 minutes. Spoon any overflowing pork filling and cheese back into quesadillas.
TIP: Place a sheet of baking paper and a second oven tray on top of the quesadillas if they unfold during cooking
• In a large bowl, combine slaw mix, avocado and mayonnaise. Season to taste.
Little cooks: Kids can help toss the slaw.
• Divide pulled pork and capsicum quesadillas between plates. • Serve with creamy avocado slaw. Enjoy!