Caribbean Beef Strips & Couscous
with Veggies, Charred Corn & Lemon Mayo
The couscous is so fluffy that it’s cuddling beef strips in a warm hug. Let those flavours embrace you with Caribbean jerk seasoning and veggies, with a zap from the zesty mayo drizzled over at the end.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
baby spinach leaves
(Contains Egg; )
Chicken-Style Stock Powder
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
Mild Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
Not included in your delivery
• Thickly slice the leek. Drain the sweetcorn. Roughly chop baby spinach leaves. Slice lemon into wedges. • In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and a squeeze of lemon juice.
• Discard liquid from beef strip packaging. • In a medium bowl, combine mild Caribbean jerk seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil. Add beef and toss to coat.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over high heat. Stir-fry leek until slightly softened, 2-3 minutes. • Add sweetcorn and cook until lightly charred, 4-5 minutes. Transfer the veggies to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
TIP: Cover the pan with a lid if the corn kernels are "popping" out
• Return the frying pan to high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • When oil is hot, cook beef strips in batches, tossing, until browned and cooked through, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
TIP: The spice blend will char slightly in the pan, this adds to the flavour!
• Meanwhile, combine the water and chicken-style stock powder in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil. • Add couscous and a drizzle of olive oil, stirring to combine. Cover with a lid, then remove from heat. • Set aside until all the water is absorbed, 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork. • Stir through baby spinach, corn and leek.
• Divide couscous with veggies and charred corn between bowls. Top with Caribbean beef strips. • Drizzle with lemon mayo. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges. Enjoy!