Caribbean Chicken & Creamy Cucumber Slaw
with Veggie Fries & Garlic Aioli
We're using our mild Caribbean jerk seasoning to give the classic combo of chicken and fries some Jamaican mojo with a twist. Sweet mango mayo and a colourful, creamy slaw brings added excitement to this devilishly delicious dish.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving and under 40g carbohydrates per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains Egg; )
(Contains Egg, Soy; )
mild Caribbean jerk seasoning
Not included in your delivery
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut white turnip and potato into fries.
• Place veggie fries on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. Spread out evenly, then bake until tender, 20-25 minutes.
TIP: If your oven tray is crowded, divide between two trays.
• Meanwhile, slice cucumber into half-moons. • Place your hand flat on top of chicken breast and slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks. • In a medium bowl, combine mild Caribbean jerk seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil. Add chicken and turn to coat.
• When the fries have 10 minutes cook time remaining, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook chicken until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes each side (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded).
TIP: The spice blend may char slightly in the pan, this adds to the flavour! TIP: The chicken is cooked through when it's no longer pink inside.
• Meanwhile, add slaw mix, cucumber, mayonnaise and a drizzle of white wine vinegar to a large bowl. Toss to combine and season to taste.
• Finely chop coriander. Slice Caribbean chicken. • Divide chicken, creamy cucumber slaw and veggie fries between plates. • Sprinkle with coriander and serve with garlic aioli. Enjoy!