Monster Beef, Bacon & Mushroom Lasagne
with Growling Greens & Basil Pesto
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
fresh lasagne sheet
(Contains Gluten, Egg; May be present Tree Nuts. )
(May be present traces of egg, milk, Gluten, Soy, Fish, Sesame, Tree Nuts. )
(Contains Gluten, Milk, Soy; )
(Contains Milk, Tree Nuts; )
(Contains Tree Nuts; May be present Gluten, Peanuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Thinly slice portabello mushrooms. Slice fresh lasagne sheet in half widthways. • Heat a large frying pan over high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook mushrooms, soffritto mix and diced bacon, breaking up with a spoon, until tender and golden, 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
• Return the frying pan to high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook beef mince, breaking up with a spoon, until browned, 3-4 minutes. • Add garlic paste and Aussie spice blend, then return the bacon and veggies to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Add the water and tomato sugo and cook until slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes.
• Meanwhile, combine bechamel sauce and grated Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl. Season with pepper.
• Spoon half the filling into a baking dish, then top with a layer of lasagne sheets (lay two sheets alongside each other for 4 people). Follow with a layer of cheesy sauce. • Repeat with the remaining filling, lasagne sheets and cheesy sauce. Top evenly with shredded Cheddar cheese. • Bake lasagne until golden, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, trim and roughly chop baby broccoli. Trim ends of asparagus. • Wipe out frying pan and return to medium-high heat. Cook baby broccoli and asparagus until tender, 5-6 minutes. Add a dash of water to the pan to help asparagus cook. Season to taste.
• Divide monster beef and bacon lasagne between plates. • Cut off one corner of the basil pesto packet and draw a fun face on the lasagne. Assemble asparagus and baby broccoli as hair and flaked almonds as teeth for the monster. Enjoy!