Chicken & Peppercorn Gravy
with Veggie Mash & Tomato Salad
There are some hidden gems in tonight’s dinner. The tender chicken has been coated in a rich peppercorn gravy; it makes for an easy way to a decadent dish. And this isn’t any ordinary mash, we’ve added carrot and garlic to bring it to the next level. Your taste buds will be spoilt for choice!
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains Soy, sulphites, Gluten; May be present milk, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame. )
mixed salad leaves
Not included in your delivery
vinegar (balsamic or white wine)
• Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. • Peel potato and carrot, then cut both into large chunks. Cook potato and carrot in the boiling water, over high heat, until easily pierced with a fork, 10-15 minutes. • Drain and return veggies to pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Mash until smooth and season generously with salt. Cover to keep warm.
Little cooks: Get those muscles working and help mash the veggies!
• While veggies are cooking, cut tomato into thin wedges. Finely chop garlic. • SPICY! Peppercorns can be spicy, use less if you're sensitive to heat! Crush black peppercorns with a pestle and mortar or in their sachet using a rolling pin. • Place your hand flat on top of chicken breast and slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks.
Little cooks: Don your goggles and have a go at peeling off the onion's outer layer!
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until cooked through, 3-5 minutes each side. • Transfer to a plate, cover and leave to rest, 5 minutes.
• While the chicken is resting, return frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook garlic and peppercorns until fragrant, 1 minute. • In a medium heatproof bowl, combine gravy granules and the boiling water (1/2 cup for 2 people / 1 cup for 4 people). Whisk, until smooth, 1 minute. • Add garlic and peppercorn oil to the bowl with gravy and stir to combine.
• In a large bowl, combine tomato, mixed salad leaves and a drizzle of vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste.
• Slice the chicken. • Divide chicken, veggie mash and tomato salad between plates. • Top chicken with peppercorn gravy. Enjoy!