Green Machine Bacon & Pumpkin Ravioli
with Tomato Sugo & Apple Salad
These ravioli are packed with big flavours thanks to the earthy sweetness from the pumpkin. To balance out all that personality, we’re adding a tomato-based sauce for its abundant flavour contribution. The result is a colourful, hearty dish that’s guaranteed to become a pasta-night classic in your home.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Garlic & Herb Seasoning
Mixed Salad Leaves
plant-based pumpkin ravioli
(Contains Gluten, Tree Nuts, sulphites; )
Not included in your delivery
vinegar (balsamic or white wine)
• Thinly slice apple. Roughly chop tomato. Finely chop onion and garlic.
• Boil the kettle. • In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook diced bacon, breaking up with a spoon, until just golden, 3-4 minutes. • Add tomato and onion and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes.
• Add garlic & herb seasoning and garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Stir through tomato sugo, the brown sugar, plant-based butter and the water. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2-4 minutes.
• While the sauce is cooking, half-fill a medium saucepan with boiling water. Simmer plant-based pumpkin ravioli over medium-high heat until 'al dente', 3 minutes. • Using a slotted spoon, transfer ravioli to the frying pan with the sauce and stir to coat.
• In a medium bowl, add apple, mixed salad leaves and a drizzle of vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
• Divide bacon and pumpkin ravioli with tomato sugo between bowls. Tear over parsley. • Serve with apple salad. Enjoy!