Potato, Cauliflower & Herb Gratin
with Tomato Salad & Almonds
A warm gratin at the end of the day can leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed. Sit back as the potato and cauliflower are roasting, then add them to a creamy sauce to bake in the oven until golden. You’ll get fuzzy feelings when it’s ready to serve.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, milk, Soy, Sesame. )
vegetable stock powder
(Contains Soy; )
Mixed Salad Leaves
(Contains Tree Nuts; May be present Gluten, Peanuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
All-American Spice Blend
Grated Parmesan Cheese
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut potato into bite-sized chunks. Cut cauliflower into small florets. • Place veggies on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with All-American spice blend and season with pepper. • Toss to coat, spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
TIP: If your oven tray is crowded, divide the veggies between two trays.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice onion. • Finely chop garlic. Finely chop parsley. • In a medium bowl, combine a generous drizzle of olive oil, the parsley, panko breadcrumbs (see ingredients) and a pinch of chilli flakes (if using). Season with pepper.
• When the veggies have 10 minutes remaining, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Toast flaked almonds, tossing, until toasted, 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. • Return the pan to medium-high heat with the butter and a drizzle of olive oil. Cook onion, stirring, until softened, 4-5 minutes. • Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Remove pan from heat. Add a drizzle of white wine vinegar, the vegetable stock powder, plant-based cream and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Season to taste.
• Add roasted veggies to the frying pan. Stir to coat, then transfer gratin mixture to a baking dish. • Sprinkle panko mixture evenly over the top. • Bake gratin until golden, 5-7 minutes.
• While the gratin is baking, roughly chop tomato. • In a medium bowl, combine the honey and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Season, then add tomato and mixed salad leaves. Toss to coat.
• Divide potato, cauliflower and thyme gratin between plates. • Sprinkle over toasted almonds. Serve with the tomato salad. Enjoy!