Supreme Chicken Burger & Wedges
with Caramelised Bacon & Onion
It’s the classic chicken burger swooping in to claim the best burger award tonight. It’s spot on the podium is earned though, with aromatic spices cooked into the chicken, mouth-watering bacon and a sweet caramelised onion. What really outshines them all are the wedges, it’s a winning combination!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Butter Burger Buns
(Contains Egg, Gluten, Milk, Soy; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, traces of sulphites, Sesame. )
(Contains Egg; )
Mixed Salad Leaves
Aussie Spice Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut potato into wedges, then place on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. • Bake until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While the wedges are baking, thinly slice onion and tomato into rounds. • Place your hand flat on top of chicken breast and slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks. • In a medium bowl, combine Aussie spice blend and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then add chicken and turn to coat.
Little cooks: Don your goggles and have a go at peeling off the onion's outer layer!
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook diced bacon and onion, stirring, until softened, 5-6 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium. Add the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and a splash of water and mix well. Cook until dark and sticky, 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
• Wash and dry the frying pan, then return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. When oil is hot, cook chicken until lightly browned and cooked through, 3-6 minutes each side (depending on thickness).
TIP: Chicken is cooked through when it's no longer pink inside.
• Meanwhile, halve burger buns and bake directly on oven rack until heated through, 2-3 minutes.
• Spread bases of burger buns with some mayonnaise. Top with chicken, caramelised bacon and onion, mixed salad leaves and tomato. • Serve with wedges. Enjoy!
Little cooks: Take the lead and help build the burgers!