Venison Steak & Parmesan Mushroom Potatoes
with Sautéed Greens & Truffle Mayo
It would be crazy not to look to the French when designing a gourmet meal... after all, they have one of the most revered cuisines in the world. And, what they really do best is to take good ingredients and simply elevate them... as the chef in you will do tonight! Bon appétit!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains Tree Nuts; )
Grated Parmesan Cheese
(Contains Milk; )
Italian Truffle Mayonnaise
(Contains Egg, Gluten; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
• Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut potato into bite-sized chunks, then place on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. • Toss to coat, spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While the potatoes are roasting, finely chop garlic and onion. Halve baby broccoli lengthways. Roughly chop baby kale. Thinly slice portabello mushrooms.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion until tender, 3-5 minutes. • Add mushrooms and the butter and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 minutes. • Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and season to taste. • When the potatoes are done, transfer to the bowl of mushrooms and toss to combine. Sprinkle over grated Parmesan cheese and set aside.
• See Top Steak Tips (below) for extra info! • Return the frying pan to high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Season venison steak with salt and pepper. • When oil is hot, cook venison for 2-3 minutes on each side (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. • Transfer to a plate and rest for 5 minutes.
• Return the frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook baby broccoli with a dash of water, tossing occasionally, until tender, 4-6 minutes. • Add kale and cook until softened, 1-2 minutes. Season to taste.
TIP: Add another dash of water to the pan to help speed up the cooking process.
• Roughly chop parsley leaves and roasted hazelnuts. • Slice venison steak. • Divide steak, Parmesan-mushroom potatoes and sautéed greens between plates. • Garnish with hazelnuts and parsley. Serve with Italian truffle mayonnaise. Enjoy!