[xmas] NZ Roast Christmas Ham
with Apricot-Thyme Glaze [M]
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. • Pick thyme leaves.
• In a medium bowl, combine apricot sauce, thyme and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper and whisk well to combine.
• Pull rind from the top of ham (leaving the white fat covering underneath). • Lightly score fat in a 1.5cm criss-cross pattern.
TIP: Scoring the ham allows the glaze to penetrate better, but be careful not to slice through the meat!
• Place ham, fat-side up, in a lined baking dish. • Brush 1/3 of the glaze over all sides of ham, then add 1/4 cup of water to the base of the dish. Cover ham with foil.
TIP: The water prevents the excess glaze from burning.
• Roast ham for 1 hour and 20 minutes. • Discard the foil, then baste ham with some of the remaining glaze and add a dash of water to the baking dish. • Continue roasting ham, basting with glaze and adding a dash of water to the dish every 20 minutes, until caramelised and heated through, 40 minutes.
TIP: Glazing the ham regularly will prevent it from drying out!
• Use a roasting fork (to keep the ham steady) and a sharp knife to slice the ham. • Trim thin slices from the thinner side, parallel to the ham's length. Drizzle over remaining roasting juices to serve. Enjoy!
TIP: Christmas ham is traditionally sliced thicker than normal shaved ham eaten throughout the year. TIP: You can serve ham warm or at room temperature, depending on your preference.