Asian Pork & Peanut Larb
with Veggies & Garlic Rice
A 'salad' dish for meat lovers, larb is a Southeast Asian salad based on minced meat. In our version, we've bulked it up with fragrant jasmine rice, and flavoured the juicy pork mince with oyster sauce, soy sauce and ginger for the perfect balance of bold flavours.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(May be present Gluten, milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy, Tree Nuts. )
(Contains Molluscs; )
shredded cabbage mix
(May be present Gluten, traces of egg, Fish, milk, Sesame, Tree Nuts, Soy. )
(Contains peanuts; May be present Tree Nuts, Gluten, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
(Contains Gluten, Soy; )
vinegar (white wine or red wine)
• Finely chop garlic. • In a medium saucepan, heat the butter with a dash of olive oil over medium heat. Cook half the garlic until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Add the water and a generous pinch of salt and bring to the boil. • Add jasmine rice, stir, cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Cook for 12 minutes, then remove from heat and keep covered until rice is tender and water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
TIP: The rice will finish cooking in its own steam so don't peek!
• While the rice is cooking, finely chop carrot. Roughly chop Asian greens. Thinly slice spring onion.
• In a small bowl, combine oyster sauce, the soy sauce, honey, vinegar and a splash of water.
Little cooks: Take charge by combining the sauce!
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over high heat. Cook pork mince and carrot, breaking up mince with a spoon, until just browned, 5-6 minutes. • Add Asian greens and shredded cabbage mix and cook, tossing until just wilted, 1-2 minutes.
• Add ginger paste and remaining garlic and cook, tossing, until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add oyster sauce mixture and stir until slightly reduced, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
• Divide garlic rice between bowls. Top with Asian pork larb. • Sprinkle over roasted peanuts and spring onion to garnish. Enjoy!
Little cooks: Add the finishing touch by sprinkling over the garnish!