Beef Rump & Bacon Filo Pie
with Mushrooms & Parmesan
If you’ve been craving a good pie, don’t worry so have we but let’s not settle for any old one. You can still get those luxurious dining vibes whilst satisfying your tastebuds latest obsession. Tender beef steak, cooked with bacon and mushrooms is enough to elevate any dish, but with the aromatic scent of parsley, this pie hits five stars!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(May be present milk, Gluten, Peanuts, Soy, Sesame, Tree Nuts. )
Red Wine Jus
(May be present Gluten, traces of egg, Fish, milk, Tree Nuts, Sesame, Soy. )
(Contains Gluten; )
Aussie Spice Blend
Grated Parmesan Cheese
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
• Preheat oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan-forced. Thinly slice portabello mushrooms and leek. Finely chop parsley leaves. Cut beef rump into bite-sized chunks. • Place the butter in a small microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 10 second bursts. • In a medium bowl, combine beef and cornflour, then toss to coat.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook diced bacon and soffritto mix, breaking up with a spoon, until golden, 6-7 minutes. • Add parsley and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Transfer to a baking dish.
• Return the frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook mushrooms and leek until tender, 6-8 minutes. Transfer to the baking dish with the bacon mixture.
• Return the frying pan to high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. When oil is hot, cook beef and Aussie spice blend, stirring, until browned, 2-4 minutes. Transfer to the baking dish. • Add red wine jus to the baking dish and stir to combine. Sprinkle over grated Parmesan cheese.
• Brush each sheet of filo pastry with the melted butter. Scrunch each sheet of pastry and place on top of the beef filling until completely covered. • Bake pie until pastry is golden, 25-30 minutes.
• Divide beef rump and bacon filo pie between plates. Enjoy!