Chipotle Pork Meatballs & Brown Rice
with Caramelised Onion, Cucumber Salsa & Yoghurt
Meatballs and brown rice, what a bowl of fun! Roll the meatballs up with a chipotle sauce and cook them to perfection. The brown rice provides an extra burst of flavour to the meal and cooled down with a cucumber salsa, this dish is full of entertainment for your tastebuds.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
baby spinach leaves
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
Zesty Chilli Salt
Mild Chipotle Sauce
Mexican Fiesta spice blend
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Egg; )
white wine vinegar
• Half-fill a medium saucepan with water. Add brown rice and a generous pinch of salt. • Bring to the boil, over high heat and cook, uncovered, until tender, 25-30 minutes. • Drain rice and return to the saucepan.
• Meanwhile, finely chop cucumber and baby spinach leaves. Thinly slice onion and radish. • SPICY! This spice blend is hot! Add less if you're sensitive to heat. In a medium bowl, combine pork mince, fine breadcrumbs, the egg, Mexican Fiesta spice blend and a pinch of salt. • Using damp hands, roll heaped spoonfuls of pork mixture into small meatballs (4-5 per person). Transfer to a plate.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, until softened, 5-6 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium. Add the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and a splash of water and mix well. Cook until dark and sticky, 3-5 minutes. • Transfer caramelised onion to the brown rice along with zesty chilli salt. Toss to combine. Season generously with salt and pepper.
• Wash and dry the frying pan, then return to medium-high heat with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Cook meatballs, turning, until browned and cooked through, 8-10 minutes (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded). • Remove pan from heat, then add mild chipotle sauce and a splash of water, tossing meatballs to coat.
• In a second medium bowl, combine radish, cucumber, baby spinach and a drizzle of white wine vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste.
• Divide caramelised onion brown rice between bowls. • Top with chipotle pork meatballs and cucumber salsa. • Dollop with Greek-style yoghurt to serve. Enjoy!