Garlicky Chicken & Basil Pesto Couscous
with Roasted Veggies & Flaked Almonds
Have you heard the expression “less is more”, well tonight is all about that with a couscous tossed with roasted veggies for a juicy pop of flavour and garlic herby chicken bites. Add fresh basil pesto and that’s all you’ll need to create this nourishing dish.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains Tree Nuts; May be present Gluten, Peanuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
garlic & herb seasoning
chicken-style stock powder
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
baby spinach leaves
(Contains Milk, Tree Nuts; )
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. Cut carrot and courgette into bite-sized chunks. • Place veggies on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, zest lemon to get a pinch, then slice into wedges. Place your hand flat on top of chicken breast and slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks. • Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Toast flaked almonds, tossing, until golden, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
• Return pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook chicken and garlic & herb seasoning until cooked through, 3-5 minutes each side.
TIP: Chicken is cooked through when it's no longer pink inside.
• Boil the kettle. Place couscous and chicken-style stock stock powder in a large heatproof bowl. • Add the boiling water (3/4 cup for 2 people / 1 1/2 cups for 4 people) and stir to combine. • Immediately cover with a plate and leave for 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork, then stir through basil pesto and set aside.
• Add roasted veggies to the couscous, along with baby spinach leaves, lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice. Toss to combine and season to taste.
• Slice the chicken. • Divide garlicky chicken and roast veggie pesto couscous between bowls. • Garnish with toasted almonds to serve. Enjoy!