Pomegranate-Glazed Haloumi & Israeli Couscous
with Roasted Eggplant & Cauliflower
There was complete mayhem when this dish hit our tasting table. With sweet honey on warm, salty haloumi, plus chermoula-spiced veggies and a cooling yoghurt, it disappeared from the bowl in record time. Enjoy!
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
chermoula spice blend
(Contains Milk; )
vegetable stock powder
(May be present Gluten, traces of egg, Fish, milk, Tree Nuts, Sesame, Soy. )
(Contains Gluten; )
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Cut cauliflower into small florets. Cut eggplant into small chunks. • Place veggies on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with chermoula spice blend. Season with salt and pepper. • Toss to coat. Spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 25-30 minutes.
• While veggies are roasting, boil the kettle. • Cut haloumi into 1cm-thick slices.
• In a medium saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Toast Israeli couscous, stirring occasionally, until golden, 1-2 minutes. • Half-fill saucepan with boiling water, then add vegetable stock powder. Bring to the boil, then simmer, uncovered, until tender, 10-12 minutes. • Drain and return to the pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Transfer to a large bowl.
• Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook haloumi until golden brown, 1-2 minutes each side. • In the last minute of cook time, add pomegranate molasses and cook, turning the haloumi to coat.
• Add roasted veggies and baby kale to the bowl of couscous. Toss to combine.
• Cut pomegranate-glazed haloumi into cubes (if preferred). • Divide roast veggie Israeli couscous between bowls. Top with glazed haloumi. • Serve with Greek-style yoghurt. Enjoy!