Honey-Soy Beef & Pork Rissoles
with Sesame Fries & Japanese Cucumber Slaw
How to improve on your everyday rissoles? Toss them in some honey-soy glaze, of course! It adds loads of flavour and that saucy touch that makes every mouthful a delight. Fries with crunchy sesame seeds and slaw coated in Japanese dressing seal the deal.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
mixed sesame seeds
(Contains Sesame; )
beef & pork mince
(May be present Gluten, traces of egg, Fish, milk, Sesame, Tree Nuts, Soy. )
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
(Contains peanuts; )
Asian Slaw Mix
(Contains Sesame, Soy; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Gluten, Soy; )
(Contains Egg; )
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut potato into fries. • Place fries and mixed sesame seeds on a lined oven tray. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. • Toss to coat, spread out evenly, then bake until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While the fries are baking, finely chop garlic. Thinly slice cucumber into half-moons. • In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey and the water. Set aside.
Little cooks: Take charge by combining the sauces!
• In a large bowl, combine beef & pork mince, ginger paste, garlic, fine breadcrumbs and the egg, then season with salt and pepper. • Using damp hands, form heaped spoonfuls of the mixture into meatballs, then flatten to make 2cm-thick rissoles (3-4 per person). Transfer to a plate.
Little cooks: Join the fun by helping combine the ingredients and shaping the mixture into rissoles!
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook rissoles until browned all over and cooked through, 3-4 minutes each side. • Add the honey-soy glaze, tossing rissoles to coat and cook, until slightly reduced, 1 minute. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
• In a medium bowl, combine Asian slaw mix, crushed peanuts, cucumber and Japanese dressing. Season to taste.
• Divide honey-soy beef and pork rissoles and sesame fries between plates. Serve with Japanese cucumber slaw. • Tear over coriander to serve. Enjoy!
Little cooks: Add the finishing touch by tearing over the herbs!