Indian Potato & Cauliflower Dhal
with Garlic Tortilla Chips
Put that take-away flyer down because we've got something in store for you. Mild Mumbai spices work their magic with hearty lentils and creamy coconut milk in our new favourite dhal recipe. Oven-baked tortilla chips work a treat for scooping up the deliciousness.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(May be present Gluten. )
Mumbai Spice Blend
(May be present Gluten, traces of egg, Fish, milk, Sesame, Tree Nuts, Soy. )
light coconut milk
vegetable stock powder
baby spinach leaves
Mini Flour Tortillas
(Contains Gluten; )
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Cut cauliflower into small florets. Cut carrot into bite-sized chunks. • Place veggies on a lined oven tray. Drizzle generously with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. • Spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, peel and cut potato into bite-sized chunks. Finely chop garlic. • Drain and rinse red lentils.
• In a large saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook Mumbai spice blend, tomato paste, ginger paste and half the garlic, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add the water, light coconut milk and vegetable stock powder. Stir to combine.
• Add potato and lentils to the saucepan. Bring to a simmer, then cover with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and the lentils and potatoes are soft, 20-22 minutes. • Stir through the salt, baby spinach leaves, roasted veggies and a pinch of pepper, until warmed through. Season to taste.
TIP: If the dhal is looking a little dry at any point, just add a splash of water.
• When the dhal has 10 minutes remaining, combine a generous drizzle of olive oil, the remaining garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl. • Slice mini flourtortillas into 3cm-thick strips. Place tortilla strips in a single layer on the lined oven tray and drizzle or brush with the garlic oil. • Bake until golden, 8-10 minutes.
TIP: Use two oven trays if your tortilla strips don’t fit in a single layer.
• Roughly chop coriander. • Divide Indian potato and cauliflower dhal between bowls. • Garnish with coriander. Serve with garlic tortilla chips. Enjoy!