Korean-Style Crispy Chicken
with Charred Corn Slaw & Sriracha Mayo
Our eyes are wide open with anticipation for crispy and richly sauced chicken, it’s simply irresistible. In a bowl of charred corn slaw it's sure to make your jaw drop and don’t get us started on the sriracha mayo. In fact, let’s dive right in and enjoy!
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving and under 40g carbohydrates per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(May be present milk, Gluten, Peanuts, Soy, Sesame, Tree Nuts. )
(May be present traces of egg, Gluten, Tree Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Soy, milk. )
(Contains Egg; )
Korean Stir-Fry Sauce
(Contains Sesame, Gluten, Soy; May be present traces of egg, Tree Nuts, Fish, milk. )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Gluten; )
vinegar (rice wine or white wine)
• Finely chop garlic. Thinly slice celery. Drain the sweetcorn. Cut chicken breast into 2cm chunks. • In a medium bowl, combine chicken, garlic, a generous pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Set aside.
• Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook sweetcorn, tossing, until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
TIP: Cover the pan with a lid if the corn kernels are "popping" out.
• Add cornflour and the plain flour to the bowl of chicken and toss to coat. • Return the frying pan to medium-high heat with enough olive oil to cover the base. • When oil is hot, dust off any excess flour from chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 5-6 minutes. • Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
• Wipe out the frying pan, then return to medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Add Korean stir-fry sauce, then return chicken to the pan and cook, stirring, until coated and heated through, 1 minute.
• Meanwhile, add celery, slaw mix and a drizzle of vinegar and olive oil to the charred corn. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. • In a small bowl, combine sriracha, mayonnaise and a dash of water. Season to taste.
• Divide charred corn slaw between bowls. • Top with Korean-style crispy chicken. • Drizzle with sriracha mayo to serve. Enjoy!