Mexican Crumbed Chicken & Haloumi Burger
with Fries, Charred Corn Slaw & Mayonnaise
Have you been dreaming of a Mexican-flavoured crumbed chicken burger? Well how about that – so have we! And we promise you, it tastes even better in real life than we had imagined.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, milk, Soy, Sesame. )
(Contains Milk; )
Butter Burger Buns
(Contains Egg, Gluten, Milk, Soy; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, traces of sulphites, Sesame. )
Shredded Cabbage Mix
fresh chilli (optional)
(Contains Egg; )
Mexican Fiesta spice blend
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Gluten; )
(Contains Egg; )
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut potato into fries, then place on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Toss to coat and spread out evenly. • Bake until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, drain the sweetcorn. • Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Cook sweetcorn until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
TIP: Cover the pan with a lid if the corn kernels are “popping” out.
• Slice haloumi in half crossways to get 1 piece each. Place your hand flat on top of chicken breast and slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks. • SPICY! This spice blend is hot! Add less if you're sensitive to heat. In a shallow bowl, combine the plain flour and a pinch of salt. In a second shallow bowl, whisk the egg. In a third shallow bowl, place panko breadcrumbs and Mexican Fiesta spice blend. • Coat chicken first in flour, followed by the egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Transfer to a plate.
• Return the frying pan to medium-high heat with enough olive oil to coat the base. Cook haloumi until golden brown, 2 minutes each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. • Return the pan to medium-high heat with enough olive oil to coat the base. Cook crumbed chicken in batches until golden and cooked through, 3-5 minutes each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and season with a pinch of salt.
TIP: Chicken is cooked through when it's no longer pink inside.
• While the chicken is cooking, halve burger buns and bake directly on a wire oven rack until heated through, 2-3 minutes. • To the bowl of charred corn, add shredded cabbage mix and a drizzle of white wine vinegar and olive oil. Season and toss to combine.
• Thinly slice fresh chilli (if using). • Spread burger bun bases with a layer of mayonnaise, then top with chilli, Mexican crumbed chicken, haloumi and charred corn slaw. • Serve with fries, any remaining mayonnaise and slaw. Enjoy!