Mexican-Style Beef Mince & Bean Chilli
with Jacket Potatoes & Tomato Salsa
Our beef mince is taken to a new level with our Mexican Fiesta spice blend. While it comes with a spicy warning, you can tailor it your tastebuds by adding as little (or as much!) as you’d like. Cool things down with a fresh salad and some plant-based mayo.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
baby spinach leaves
red kidney beans
(Contains Tree Nuts; May be present Gluten, Peanuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
(May be present traces of egg, milk, Gluten, Soy, Fish, Sesame, Tree Nuts. )
Mexican Fiesta spice blend
vegetable stock powder
Not included in your delivery
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. • Cut each potato in half. • Place potato halves on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. • Arrange potato cut-side down, then bake until crisp and tender, 40-45 minutes.
• Meanwhile, roughly chop baby spinach leaves and tomato. • Grate the carrot. • Drain and rinse red kidney beans (see ingredients). • Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Toast flaked almonds, tossing, until golden, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
• When the potato has 10 minutes cook time remaining, return the frying pan to high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook beef mince and carrot, breaking up with a spoon, until just browned, 4-5 minutes. • Drain any excess oil from the pan.
• SPICY! The spice blend is hot, use less if you're sensitive to heat. Reduce the frying pan heat to medium-high. Add garlic paste, tomato paste and Mexican Fiesta spice blend and cook until fragrant 1-2 minutes. • Add the water, vegetable stock powder and kidney beans and cook until slightly thickened 1-2 minutes.
• While the chilli is cooking, combine tomato, baby spinach and a drizzle of white wine vinegar and olive oil in a medium bowl. Season. Toss to combine.
• Divide jacket potatoes between plates. Top with Mexican beef mince and bean chilli. • Spoon over tomato salsa and drizzle over plant-based mayo. • Sprinkle over toasted almonds to serve. Enjoy!