Middle Eastern Beef, Pork & Cauliflower Pie
with Veggie Mash Topping
You can have anything you want in a pie, it’s totally up to your tastebuds. May we suggest though, this beef and pork version with Middle Eastern tastes and a variety of oven-roasted veggies. Give this pie a real hit of deliciousness by baking a mix of mashed potato and carrot on top to make the lid of the pie.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving and under 40g carbohydrates per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
beef & pork mince
beef-style stock powder
baby spinach leaves
Middle Eastern spice blend
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut cauliflower into small florets. Place cauliflower in a baking dish, then drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. • Roast until tender and brown around the edges, 15-20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. • Peel potato and white turnip. Cut potato into large chunks. Cut turnip into small chunks. • Cook potato and turnip in the boiling water until easily pierced with a fork, 16-18 minutes. • Drain and return veggies to the pan. • Add the butter and a good pinch of salt. Mash until smooth. Cover to keep warm.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over high heat. Cook beef & pork mince, breaking up with a spoon, until just browned, 3-4 minutes. • Add soffritto mix and cook until tender, 3-4 minutes. • Add Middle Eastern seasoning and tomato paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute.
• Reduce heat to medium, then add beef-style stock powder, baby spinach leaves and the water and cook, stirring, until reduced, 1-2 minutes. Season to taste.
TIP: Add a dash more water if the mince is dry!
• Preheat grill to high. • To the baking dish with cauliflower, add mince filling. • Spread veggie mash over evenly, then grill until golden, 5-10 minutes.
• Divide Middle Eastern beef, pork and cauliflower pie with veggie mash topping between plates. Enjoy!