Mild Indian White Fish Curry
with Roasted Veggies & Basmati Rice
A mild heat from the curry, mixed in with fresh fish and veggies is a power battle that you don’t want to miss, because the prize is your tastebuds’ attention. In the end, both the soothing curry and rejuvenating white fish are winners and that’s why this dinner will come out on top!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains fish; May be present Fish. )
Mild Curry Paste
(Contains Milk, Tree Nuts; May be present Soy, Fish, Sesame, traces of egg, Gluten. )
(May be present traces of egg, milk, Fish, Tree Nuts, Soy, traces of sulphites. )
Chicken-Style Stock Powder
baby spinach leaves
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
water (for the rice)
water (for the curry)
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut carrot into bite-sized chunks. Halve any thicker stalks of baby broccoli lengthways. • Place veggies on a lined tray, sprinkle over curry powder and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and toss to coat. • Spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• In a medium saucepan, heat half the butter with a dash of olive oil over medium heat. • Add basmati rice, water (for the rice) and a generous pinch of salt, stir, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. • Cook for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and keep covered until rice is tender and water is absorbed, 10 minutes.
TIP: The rice will finish cooking in its own steam so don't peek!
• Meanwhile, discard any liquid from gemfish fillet packaging. Slice fish in half crossways to get 1 piece per person. Pat fish dry with paper towel and season on both sides with salt and pepper. • In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. • When oil is hot, cook fish until just cooked through, 2-3 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate.
TIP: White fish is cooked through when the centre turns from translucent to white.
• When the veggies have 5 minutes remaining, wipe out the frying pan, then return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Add mild curry paste (see ingredients), tamarind paste (see ingredients), chickenstyle stock powder, coconut milk, water (for the curry), the brown sugar and remaining butter. Cook, stirring, until reduced, 2-3 minutes.
• Add fish, roasted veggies and baby spinach leaves to the curry and gently stir to break up the fish.
• Divide basmati rice between bowls. • Top with mild Indian white fish curry to serve. Enjoy!