Hearty Potato & Coconut Curry
with Brown Rice & Cashews
With its gentle warming heat and colourful veggies, a rich and creamy Indian curry is a favourite meal for good reason! Whip up this veggie version with baby broccoli, carrot and potato, plus wholesome brown rice that'll leave you embracing a modern classic.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
vegetable stock powder
baby spinach leaves
Crushed Roasted Cashews
(Contains Tree Nuts; )
Mild North Indian Spice Blend
Mumbai Spice Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Half-fill a medium saucepan with water. Add brown rice and a generous pinch of salt. • Bring to the boil over high heat and cook, uncovered, until tender, 25-30 minutes. • Drain the rice and return to the saucepan.
• Meanwhile, cut potato and carrot into bite-sized chunks. • Place veggies on a lined oven tray. Drizzle generously with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. • Toss to coat, spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• When the veggies have 15 minutes remaining, finely chop garlic. Cut baby broccoli into thirds.
• In a large frying pan, heat the plant-based butter with a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook baby broccoli until softened, 5-6 minutes. • Add garlic, mild North Indian spice blend and Mumbai spice blend and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
• Add vegetable stock powder, coconut milk and the water to the pan. Simmer until thickened, 2-4 minutes. • Remove pan from heat, then stir through roasted veggies and baby spinach leaves until wilted. Season to taste.
• Divide brown rice between plates. Top with potato and coconut curry. • Garnish with crushed roasted cashews to serve. Enjoy!