Pan-Seared John Dory & Sesame Greens
with Coconut Lemongrass Sauce & Garlic Rice
How do you make fish fragrant and mouth-watering? There’s no need to deep dive into this because we have the answer prepared in a creamy coconut sauce. The secret is the ginger and lemongrass to add a hint of freshness and flavour.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
mixed sesame seeds
(Contains Sesame; )
Ginger & Lemongrass Paste
(May be present traces of egg, milk, Gluten, Soy, Fish, Sesame, Tree Nuts. )
light coconut milk
soy sauce mix
(Contains Gluten, Soy; May be present traces of egg, Fish, milk, Tree Nuts, Sesame. )
Crushed Roasted Cashews
(Contains Tree Nuts; )
John Dory Fillets
(Contains fish; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
(Contains Sesame; )
• Finely chop garlic. • In a medium saucepan, heat the butter with a dash of olive oil over medium heat. Cook garlic until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Add the water and a generous pinch of salt to the pan, then bring to the boil. • Add basmati rice, stir, cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and keep covered until rice is tender and water is absorbed, 10 minutes.
TIP: The rice will finish cooking in its own steam so don't peek!
• Meanwhile, halve any thick baby broccoli lengthways. Trim the asparagus. Cut lemon into wedges.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook baby broccoli and asparagus until tender, 4-5 minutes. • Add mixed sesame seeds and cook, tossing, until golden, 2-3 minutes. • Add the sesame oil and a good squeeze of lemon juice. Season to taste, transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
• Discard any liquid from John dory fillet packaging. Slice fish in half crossways to get 1 piece per person. • Wipe out the frying pan, then return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper. • When oil is hot, cook fish in batches until just cooked through, 5-6 minutes each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
TIP: White fish is cooked through when the centre turns from translucent to white. TIP: Add extra oil between batches if needed so the fish doesn't stick to the pan.
• Return the frying pan to medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook ginger & lemongrass paste until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add light coconut milk, soy sauce mix, the brown sugar and a pinch of chilli flakes (if using). Cook until slightly thickened, 3-4 minutes. • Return the fish to the pan and gently turn to coat. Season to taste.
TIP: Cover the pan with a lid if the paste starts to spatter!
• Divide garlic rice between plates. Top with sesame greens and pan-seared John dory. • Spoon over coconut and lemongrass sauce. • Garnish with crushed roasted cashews and serve with any remaining lemon wedges. Enjoy!