Tex-Mex Beef Meatballs
with Cauliflower Rice & Yoghurt
We’re checking off some must-haves with tonight’s dinner. A scrumptious serving of plump beef meatballs, check. Cooked in our favourite Tex-Mex spice, check. What about a cauliflower rice, for a light and fluffy addition, check. A load of veggies including sticky caramelised onion, check again. This recipe passes with flying colours!
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving and under 40g carbohydrates per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
Tex-Mex spice blend
vegetable stock powder
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Egg; )
white wine vinegar
• Finely chop garlic. Roughly chop baby kale leaves. Thinly slice onion (see ingredients). Thinly slice carrot into half-moons. Drain the sweetcorn. • SPICY! This is a mild spice blend, but use less if you're sensitive to heat! In a medium bowl, combine beef mince, fine breadcrumbs, Tex-Mex spice blend, the egg, half the garlic and a pinch of salt. • Using damp hands, roll heaped spoonfuls of beef mixture into small meatballs (4-5 per person). Transfer to a plate.
• Heat a large frying pan over high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook carrot and sweetcorn until tender and lightly browned, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
TIP: Cover the pan with a lid if the corn kernels are “popping” out.
• Return the frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook remaining garlic, until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add cauliflower rice and vegetable stock powder (see ingredients) and cook until softened, 2-4 minutes. Transfer to bowl with carrot and corn and season to taste. Cover to keep warm.
• Wipe out the frying pan and return to medium-high heat with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Cook meatballs, turning, until browned, 5-7 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium, then add onion, stirring, until softened, 4-5 minutes. • Add the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and a splash of water and mix well.
TIP: Add a splash more water if the onion mixture looks too thick.
• While the meatballs are cooking, add baby kale and a drizzle of white wine vinegar and olive oil to the cauliflower rice. Toss to combine and season to taste.
• Divide veggie cauliflower rice between bowls. • Top with Tex-Mex beef meatballs and caramelised onion. • Serve with Greek-style yoghurt. Enjoy!