Inspired by 'harira', a traditional North African soup brimming with legumes, veggies and fresh herbs, this is no humble stew! Simmer all the goodness with creamy coconut milk and our chermoula spice blend, and scoop it up with golden, crispy flatbreads, straight from the oven.
The recent wet and cold weather across New Zealand has impacted our regular supply of fresh ingredients and as such, what you receive may be slightly different to what’s pictured. Don’t worry, your recipe will be just as delicious!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
chermoula spice blend
mini flour tortillas(ContainsGluten)
vegetable stock powder
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Thinly slice carrot into half-moons. Slice onion into wedges. Peel and cut kumara into bite-sized chunks. • Place veggies on a lined oven tray. Drizzle generously with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, trim green beans and slice into thirds. Thinly slice celery. Finely chop garlic. Roughly chop silverbeet. Cut chicken into 2cm chunks.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, green beans and celery, tossing occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 3-4 minutes. • Add tomato paste, chermoula spice blend and 1/2 the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
TIP: Chicken is cooked through when it's no longer pink inside.
• Add the water, coconut milk, vegetable stock powder and cannellini beans (including the liquid!) and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, 3-4 minutes. • Stir in silverbeet, the plant-based butter and roasted veggies and cook until the silverbeet is just wilted, 1-2 minutes.
• Meanwhile, combine a drizzle of olive oil and the remaining garlic in a small bowl. • Place mini flour tortillas on a second lined oven tray, then brush over the garlic oil mixture. Bake until golden and crispy, 5-8 minutes.
• Divide Moroccan-style butter bean stew between bowls. • Tear over herbs and serve with garlic tortilla flatbreads. Enjoy!