Sri Lankan-Spiced Lentil, Chicken & Veggie Soup
with Yoghurt & Cheesy Garlic Flatbreads
Having all the flavours and textures of veggies, chicken, lentils and spices melting into one delectable soup is the perfect way to finish off a day. Enjoy by dipping the cheesy flatbreads in the soup to soak it up.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(May be present Gluten. )
baby spinach leaves
fresh chilli (optional)
vegetable stock powder
(May be present Gluten, traces of egg, Fish, milk, Sesame, Tree Nuts, Soy. )
(Contains Gluten, Soy; May be present traces of egg, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk. )
Sri Lankan spice blend
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
(Contains Milk; )
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut carrot and potato into bite-sized chunks. • Place veggies on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. Spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes. • Meanwhile, finely chop onion and garlic. Rinse red lentils. Cut chicken breast into 2cm chunks.
• In a large saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over high heat. Cook chicken, tossing occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. • Return the saucepan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook onion until tender, 4-5 minutes. • Add Sri Lankan spice blend, ginger paste and half the garlic. Cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
• Add lentils, coconut milk, the water and vegetable stock powder to the saucepan. • Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until lentils are cooked through, 20-25 minutes.
• While the soup simmers, place flatbreads on a second lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, then evenly sprinkle over shredded Cheddar cheese and remaining garlic. • When the soup has 5 minutes remaining, bake flatbreads until cheese is melted and bubbling, 4-7 minutes.
• Remove saucepan from the heat, then add the honey, baby spinach leaves, chicken and roasted veggies and stir until spinach is wilted.
TIP: Add another splash of water to your soup if you prefer a thinner consistency.
• Thinly slice fresh chilli (if using). • Divide Sri Lankan-spiced lentil, chicken and veggie soup between bowls. Top with Greek-style yoghurt and chilli. • Tear over coriander leaves. Serve with cheesy garlic flatbreads. Enjoy!