Rustic Roasted Eggplant & Veggie Risotto
with Parmesan Cheese & Chargrilled Capsicum Relish
Eggplant and carrot, roasted to golden perfection, are tossed through a herby risotto. You’ll notice the sharp Parmesan coming through and the chargrilled capsicum relish really elevates this dinner to the next level. Finish it off with toasty almonds for a nutty a flavour.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Garlic & Herb Seasoning
vegetable stock powder
baby spinach leaves
Chargrilled Capsicum Relish
(Contains sulphites; )
Grated Parmesan Cheese
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Cut eggplant and asparagus into small chunks. Roughly chop onion. Finely chop garlic.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion until tender, 3-5 minutes. • Add garlic and garlic & herb seasoning and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add arborio rice, vegetable stock powder and the water. Stir to combine.
• Transfer risotto to a baking dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake until liquid is absorbed and rice is ‘al dente’, 24-28 minutes.
• Meanwhile, place eggplant and asparagus on a lined oven tray. • Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. • Spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Remove risotto from oven, then stir through baby spinach leaves, grated Parmesan cheese, chargrilled capsicum relish, roasted veggies and the butter. • Stir through a splash of water to loosen risotto if needed.
• Divide roasted eggplant and veggie risotto between bowls. • Garnish with chilli flakes (if using) to serve. Enjoy!