Beef Meatball Subs & Cheesy Wedges
with Caramelised Onion Gravy & Tomato Salad
The sub sandwich is the king of sandwiches, packed to bursting with saucy meatballs and glazed in a balsamic sauce this particular sub wears the crown with ease and grace. We bow before the might of this delicious meal!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
(Contains Soy, sulphites, Gluten; May be present milk, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame. )
(Contains sulphites; )
brioche hotdog buns
(Contains Milk, Egg, Gluten, Soy; May be present traces of sulphites, Sesame, Peanuts, Tree Nuts. )
(Contains Egg, Soy; )
Aussie Spice Blend
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Egg; )
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. Cut potato into wedges. • Place wedges on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. • Spread out evenly, then bake until tender, 20-25 minutes. • In the last 5 minutes of cook time, sprinkle shredded Cheddar cheese over the wedges, return to the oven and continue baking until melted and crisp.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice onion. • In a medium bowl, combine beef mince, Aussie spice blend, fine breadcrumbs and the egg. • Using damp hands, roll heaped spoonfuls of beef mixture into small meatballs (4-5 per person). Transfer to a plate.
• Boil the kettle. • In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion until tender, 6-7 minutes. Transfer to a second medium bowl. • To the bowl of onion, add gravy granules, balsamic glaze (see ingredients) and the boiling water (1/2 cup for 2 people / 1 cup for 4 people). Whisk to combine, until smooth, 1 minute. Set aside.
• Return the frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook meatballs, turning, until browned and cooked through, 8-10 minutes (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded).
• While the meatballs are cooking, slice brioche hotdog buns in half lengthways. • Bake buns directly on the wire oven rack until heated through, 5-7 minutes. • Slice tomato into thin rounds.
• Fill hotdog buns with beef meatballs, caramelised onion gravy, rocket leaves and tomato. • Divide meatballs subs and cheesy potato wedges between plates. Serve with garlic aioli. Enjoy!