Spiced Chicken & Bacon Caesar-Style Salad
with Garlic Roast Potatoes & Cherry BBQ Sauce
Let’s get this dinner started with crispy chicken bites and a cherry BBQ sauce to glaze the chicken so your mouth really starts watering. Toss it through the caesar salad with bacon and croutons, a must have in any caesar salad.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains Gluten, Soy; )
All-American spice blend
chicken breast strips
(May be present milk, Gluten, Peanuts, Soy, Sesame, Tree Nuts. )
grated Parmesan cheese
(Contains Milk; )
dill & parsley mayonnaise
(Contains Egg, Soy; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
(Contains Gluten; )
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut potato into bite-sized chunks, then place on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. Roast until just tender, 18-20 minutes. • Meanwhile, finely chop garlic. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter and garlic in 10 second bursts, until melted. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside. • Lightly crush the semi-roasted potatoes on the tray. Drizzle with melted garlic butter. Return to the oven and roast until golden, a further 8-10 minutes.
• While the potatoes are roasting, cut or tear wholemeal panini into bite-sized chunks. • Place panini and diced bacon on a second lined oven tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. • Toss to coat and bake until golden, 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
• Meanwhile, roughly chop cos lettuce. Thinly slice cucumber into half-moons. Slice avocado in half, scoop out flesh and roughly chop. Slice lemon into wedges. • In a small bowl, combine cherry sauce and BBQ sauce. Set aside. • In a medium bowl, combine All-American spice blend, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Add chicken breast strips and toss to coat.
• Add cornflour(see ingredients) and the plain flour to the chicken, tossing to coat. • Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with enough olive oil to cover the base. • When oil is hot, dust off any excess flour from chicken, then cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4-5 minutes. • Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
• Add cos lettuce to the bowl with bacon and croutons, along with cucumber, avocado, grated Parmesan cheese, dill & parsley mayonnaise, a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Toss to combine and season to taste.
• Bring everything to the table. Help yourself to some spiced chicken and bacon Caesar-style salad with garlic roast potatoes. • Serve with cherry BBQ sauce. Enjoy!