Creepy Caribbean Prawns & Roasted Potato
with Cursed Corn Slaw & Smokey Aioli
Did you hear that? Something just made a noise that sounds oddly like a rumbling stomach. It's best to offer this hungry beast a creamy and charred corn slaw with some crisp roast potatoes. If that isn't enough, we heard it's favourite is prawn with a startling Caribbean jerk seasoning. That should placate any hungry beast at your table.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains Crustacean/Crustacé; )
mild Caribbean jerk seasoning
baby spinach leaves
(Contains Egg, Soy; )
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Cut potato into bite-sized chunks. • Place potato on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. Spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While the potato is roasting, drain the sweetcorn. Cut lemon into wedges. • In a medium bowl, combine mild Caribbean jerk seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil. Add peeled prawns and toss to coat.
• Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Cook sweetcorn until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a second medium bowl.
TIP: Cover the pan with a lid if the corn kernels are “popping” out.
• Return the pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook prawns, tossing, until pink and starting to curl up, 3-4 minutes.
TIP: The spice blend will char in the pan, don't worry, this adds to the flavour!
• While the prawns are cooking, slice avocado in half, scoop out flesh and roughly chop. • Add slaw mix to the bowl of charred corn, along with avocado, half the smokey aioli and a generous squeeze of lemon juice. Season and toss to combine.
• Divide Caribbean prawns, roasted potato and charred corn slaw between plates. • Serve with remaining smokey aioli. Enjoy!