Mumbai-Spiced Beef, Pork & Bacon Pie
with Cheesy Mixed Mash Topping & Pear Salad
Potato topped pie is a weeknight dish we wait in anticipation for. Contain your excitement because this one has cauliflower mashed into the topping and baked on richly spiced beef and pork mince. We know you’ll love when the topping is pulled apart and the Cheddar cheese stretches with it.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
baby spinach leaves
Mixed Salad Leaves
beef & pork mince
Bengal Curry Paste
Mumbai Spice Blend
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
white wine vinegar
• Boil the kettle. Half-fill a medium saucepan with boiling water. • Peel potato and cut into large chunks. Cut cauliflower into small florets. • Cook potato and cauliflower in the boiling water, over high heat, until easily pierced with a fork, 12-15 minutes. Drain and return to the pan.
TIP: Save time and get more fibre by leaving the potato unpeeled!
• Add the butter and a good pinch of salt to the saucepan of veggies. Mash until smooth and cover to keep warm. • Preheat the grill to high.
• While the veggies are cooking, heat a large frying pan over high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook diced bacon, breaking up with a spoon, until golden, 6-7 minutes. • Add beef & pork mince and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until just browned, 4-5 minutes. • SPICY! The curry paste is mild, but use less if you're sensitive to heat. Add Bengal curry paste and Mumbai spice blend and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add tomato paste, the brown sugar and water and cook until slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes. Season generously with salt. • Stir through baby spinach leaves until wilted, 1 minute.
• Transfer the mince filling to a baking dish, then spread the cauli-potato mash over the top. • Sprinkle over shredded Cheddar cheese. • Grill pie until lightly golden, 5-10 minutes.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice pear. • In a medium bowl, combine pear, mixed salad leaves and a drizzle of white wine vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste.
• Divide Mumbai-spiced beef, pork and bacon pie with cheesy mixed mash topping between plates. • Serve with pear salad. Enjoy!