Classic Roast Chicken & Peppercorn Hollandaise for Dinner
with Fluffy Sponge Cake & Berry Compote
The flowers are coming out and colour is returning so we’re embracing the spring vibes and adding delicious pops of colour to our half chicken and creamy mash dish. A bright peppercorn hollandaise rejuvinates the chicken and bites of prosciutto on the cooked greens gives it a burst of flavour.
To download the recipe card for the main and dessert, click the download arrow on the right of the screen.
Unfortunately, this week's pistachios were in short supply, so we've replaced them with roasted almonds. Don’t worry, the recipe will be just as delicious, just be sure to read product labels for up-to-date allergen information!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Aussie Spice Blend
(Contains Egg; )
(May be present Gluten, milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy, Tree Nuts. )
Basic Sponge Mix
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
(Contains Milk; )
white chocolate chips
(Contains Milk, Soy; May be present Gluten, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame. )
(Contains Tree Nuts; May be present Gluten, Peanuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
(Contains Milk; )
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. Season half chicken with a good pinch of salt and pepper. • In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, skin-side down, until browned, 5 minutes each side. • Meanwhile, combine Aussie spice blend and a drizzle of olive oil in a small bowl. • Transfer chicken to a lined oven tray, then top with spice mixture. Roast chicken until cooked through, 35-45 minutes. Set aside to rest, 5-10 minutes.
TIP: Chicken is cooked through when it's no longer pink inside.
• While the chicken is roasting, bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. • Peel potato and cut into bite-sized chunks. Slice any large stalks of baby broccoli in half lengthways. Trim the asparagus. • SPICY! Peppercorns can be spicy, use less if you're sensitive to heat! Crush black peppercorns (see ingredients) with a mortar and pestle, or in their sachet using a rolling pin. • Roughly chop prosciutto (see ingredients).
• Cook potato in the boiling water, over high heat, until easily pierced with a fork, 12-15 minutes. • In the last 7 minutes of cook time, place a colander or steamer basket on top, then add baby broccoli and asparagus. • Cover with a lid, then steam until greens are tender and potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork, 6-7 minutes. Transfer veggies to a bowl. Season, then set aside. • When the potato is done, drain and return to the saucepan. Add the milk, butter and a generous pinch of salt. Mash until smooth. Cover to keep warm.
• Return the frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook prosciutto until golden, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to bowl with the steamed veggies and toss to combine.
• Return the frying pan to medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook peppercorns until fragrant, 1 minute. • Remove pan from heat, then stir through hollandaise and a splash of water. Season to taste with salt.
• Slice chicken in half. • Divide mash and prosciutto greens between plates. Top with chicken and peppercorn hollandaise. • Tear over parsley to serve. Enjoy!