Sticky Apricot-Glazed Lamb Rump
with Veggie Fries & Avocado Salad
You know you’re in for a good night when the only thing standing between you and this classy low-carb lamb dish is a matter of minutes. With only the most tender lamb rump cut, sticky apricot sauce and baked veggie fries, you just can’t go wrong.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving and under 40g carbohydrates per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Mixed Salad Leaves
vegetable stock powder
Not included in your delivery
white wine vinegar
(Contains Milk; )
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Lightly score fat of lamb rump in a 1cm criss-cross pattern. • Season lamb all over with salt and pepper, then place, fat-side down, in a large frying pan. • Place pan over medium heat and cook lamb, undisturbed, until golden, 10-12 minutes. Increase heat to high and sear the lamb on all sides for 30 seconds.
TIP: Starting the lamb in a cold pan helps the fat melt without burning.
• While the lamb is cooking, cut carrot and beetroot into fries. • Place veggie fries on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Toss to coat, spread out evenly, then bake until tender,25-30 minutes.
• While the veggie fries are baking, transfer lamb, fat-side up, to a second lined oven tray. • Roast for 15-20 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove tray from oven and cover lamb with foil to rest for 10 minutes.
• While the lamb is roasting, finely chop garlic and parsley. Slice avocado in half, scoop out flesh and roughly chop. • In a medium bowl, combine a drizzle of white wine vinegar and olive oil, then season. Add avocado and mixed salad leaves to the dressing. Toss to coat and set aside.
• While the lamb is resting, combine apricot sauce (see ingredients), vegetable stock powder (see ingredients) and a dash of water in a small bowl. • Return the frying pan to medium heat. Cook garlic and parsley until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add apricot glaze and the butter, then cook until heated through and slightly reduced, 1 minute. Stir through any lamb resting juicesuntil combined.
• Slice roasted lamb. • Divide lamb, veggie fries and avocado salad between plates. Spoon sticky apricot sauce over lamb to serve. Enjoy!