Sticky Plum & Mushroom Stir-Fry
with Garlic Rice & Peanuts
Double mushrooms equals double the fun at dinner time. Stir-fry them up in a sticky and sweet plum soy sauce to crank the excitement up to ten and add some garlic aromas to the rice and your tastebuds will have the time of their life tonight.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(May be present Gluten, milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy, Tree Nuts. )
Sweet Soy Seasoning
(Contains Gluten, Soy; )
(Contains Soy; )
soy sauce mix
(Contains Gluten, Soy; May be present traces of egg, Fish, milk, Tree Nuts, Sesame. )
(Contains peanuts; May be present Tree Nuts, Gluten, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Sesame; )
• Finely chop garlic. • In a medium saucepan, heat the plant-based butter with a dash of olive oil over medium heat. Cook half the garlic until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Add the water and a generous pinch of salt to pan and bring to the boil. • Add jasmine rice, stir, cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Cook for 12 minutes, then remove pan from heat and keep covered until rice is tender and water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
TIP: The rice will finish cooking in its own steam so don't peek!
• Meanwhile, thinly slice onion. • Thinly slice portabello mushrooms and button mushrooms. • Roughly chop Asian greens.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms until browned and softened, 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
TIP: If your pan is getting crowded, cook in batches for the best results!
• Return the frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook onion until tender, 4-5 minutes. • Add Asian greens, sweet soy seasoning and the remaining garlic and cook until wilted and fragrant, 1 minute.
• Return cooked mushrooms to the pan, add plum sauce, soy sauce mix, the sesame oil and brown sugar. • Toss to combine and cook until slightly thickened, 1 minute. Season to taste.
• Divide garlic rice between bowls. • Top with sticky plum mushroom stir-fry. • Garnish with roasted peanuts to serve. Enjoy!