Sweet Chilli Double Prawn & Veggie Stir-Fry
with Garlic Rice
Prawns that are popping with delicious taste sensations, we say yes please! You won’t be able to get enough of these bad boys in a saucy sweet chilli stir-fry. Set off the flavour fireworks with ginger and oyster sauce stirred through.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(May be present Gluten, milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy, Tree Nuts. )
(Contains Molluscs; )
sweet chilli sauce
(May be present Gluten, traces of egg, Fish, milk, Sesame, Tree Nuts, Soy. )
(Contains Crustacean/Crustacé; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
(Contains Gluten, Soy; )
water (for the rice)
water (for the sauce)
• Finely chop garlic. In a medium saucepan, heat the butter with a dash of olive oil over medium heat. • Cook garlic until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add the water (for the rice) and a generous pinch of salt and bring to the boil. • Add jasmine rice, stir, cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. • Cook for 12 minutes, then remove from heat and keep covered until rice is tender and water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
TIP: The rice will finish cooking in its own steam so don't peek!
• While the rice is cooking, thinly slice carrot into half-moons. Roughly chop Asian greens. Halve any thicker stalks of baby broccoli lengthways.
• In a medium bowl, combine oyster sauce, sweet chilli sauce, the soy sauce and water (for the sauce). Set aside.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry carrot and baby broccoli until tender, 3-4 minutes. • In the last 1-2 minutes, add Asian greens and cook until wilted. • Add ginger paste and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Transfer veggies to a bowl.
• Wipe out the frying pan, then return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook prawns in batches, tossing, until pink and starting to curl, 3-4 minutes. Return all prawns to the pan. • Return veggies to the pan, then add sweet chilli mixture and toss until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
• Divide garlic rice between bowls. • Top with sweet chilli prawn and veggie stir-fry. Enjoy!