Double Bacon, Mushroom & Parmesan Risotto
with Parsley & Garden Salad
Risotto is so delicious, but the prospect of all that stirring can sometimes be a bit daunting! Our version lets you put your risotto in the oven and forget about it until it's time to eat. All the creamy, luxurious texture with none of the elbow work!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Garlic & Herb Seasoning
Chicken-Style Stock Powder
Mixed Salad Leaves
Grated Parmesan Cheese
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
vinegar (balsamic or white wine)
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Thinly slice button mushrooms. Cut courgette into bite-sized chunks. Finely chop garlic. Roughly chop parsley.
• Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook diced bacon in batches, breaking up with a spoon, until just browned, 3-4 minutes. Return all bacon to the pan. • Add courgette, mushrooms and half the butter and cook, stirring, until tender, 4-6 minutes. • Add garlic, parsley, garlic & herb seasoning and arborio rice and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
• Add the water and chicken-style stock powder to the pan, then bring to the boil. • Transfer risotto mixture to a baking dish. Cover tightly with foil, then bake until liquid is absorbed and rice is ‘al dente’, 24-28 minutes.
TIP: 'Al dente' rice is cooked through but still has a bit of firmness in the middle.
• While the risotto is baking, grate carrot. Roughly chop tomato. • In a medium bowl, combine a drizzle of vinegar and olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Add mixed salad leaves, carrot and tomato. Set aside.
• When the risotto is done, stir through grated Parmesan cheese and remaining butter. Season to taste.
TIP: Stir through a splash of water if the risotto looks dry.
• Toss salad to combine. • Divide bacon, mushroom and Parmesan risotto between bowls. • Serve with garden salad. Enjoy!