Chilli Butter Prawns & Baked Leek Risotto
with Garlic Pangrattato & Parmesan
A prawn risotto, that sounds like the magic words to conjure one enchanted dinner, fresh and steaming from the oven. Be amazed by the garlicky pangrattato on top of the prawns with pops of leek and herbs scattered throughout. Your tastebuds will be in awe.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Garlic & Herb Seasoning
vegetable stock powder
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, milk, Soy, Sesame. )
(Contains Crustacean/Crustacé; )
Grated Parmesan Cheese
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Thinly slice leek. Finely chop garlic.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. • Cook leek, garlic & herb seasoning and half the garlic until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add arborio rice, stirring to combine. Add the water and vegetable stock powder and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring, until combined, 2 minutes. • Transfer risotto to a baking dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake until liquid is absorbed and rice is 'al dente', 24-28 minutes.
TIP: 'Al dente' rice is cooked through but still slightly firm in the centre.
• While the risotto is baking, wipe out the frying pan, then return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook panko breadcrumbs (see ingredients) and remaining garlic, stirring, until golden brown, 3-4 minutes. • Transfer to a bowl and season to taste.
• When the risotto has 5 minutes remaining, return the frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook peeled prawns, a pinch of chilli flakes (if using) and half the butter, tossing, until prawns are pink and starting to curl up, 3-4 minutes. • Remove from heat and season to taste.
• Remove risotto from oven. Stir through grated Parmesan cheese, baby spinach leaves and remaining butter. Season to taste.
TIP: If the risotto is dry, stir through a splash of water. Little cooks: Kids can lend a hand by sprinkling the cheese on top. Careful, the risotto is hot!
• Divide baked leek risotto between bowls. • Top with chilli butter prawns. • Sprinkle over garlic pangrattato to serve. Enjoy!
Little cooks: Add the finishing touch by sprinkling over the pangrattato!