Herby Crumbed Chicken & Potato Fries
with Apple Salad & Mayonnaise
Boost the flavour of a classic chicken schnitzel by adding parsley to the golden crumb coating. Served with garlic aioli, potato fries and a crisp salad for a meal nobody can refuse!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, milk, Soy, Sesame. )
Mixed Salad Leaves
(Contains Egg; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Gluten; )
(Contains Egg; )
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut potato into fries, then place on a lined oven tray. • Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. Spread out evenly, then bake until tender, 20-25 minutes.
Little cooks: Kids can help toss the fries.
• While the fries are baking, finely chop parsley leaves. Slice lemon into wedges. • Place chicken breast between two sheets of baking paper. Pound chicken with a meat mallet or rolling pin until it is an even thickness, about 1cm-thick.
• In a shallow bowl, combine the plain flour and salt. In a second shallow bowl, whisk the egg. In a third shallow bowl, place panko breadcrumbs and parsley. • Coat chicken first in flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Set aside on a plate.
Little cooks: Help crumb the chicken! Use one hand for the wet ingredients and the other for the dry ingredients to avoid sticky fingers.
• Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with enough olive oil to cover the base. • Cook crumbed chicken in batches, until golden and cooked through, 2-4 minutes each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
TIP: Add extra oil if needed so the schnitzel does not stick to the pan. TIP: Chicken is cooked through when it's no longer pink inside.
• While chicken is cooking, thinly slice apple. Grate the carrot (see ingredients). • In a medium bowl, combine a generous squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. • Season, then add mixed salad leaves, apple and carrot. Toss to coat.
• Divide herby crumbed chicken, potato fries and apple salad between plates. • Serve with mayonnaise and any remaining lemon wedges. Enjoy!